SharePoint & Portals
Time is the most expensive luxury that IT professionals have. Companies adopt different management tools to make sure that time is used efficiently. One of most innovative tools, to maximize the work output, is Microsoft SharePoint 2010. It is deployed by the organizations as the foundation of their business productivity infrastructure. Moreover, it facilitates the teamwork through the Websites that are set up to share the information and publish reports; which improves the real-time decision making process, as well as management of documents, websites, collaboration spaces, social tools, enterprise search, business intelligence, workflow automation, and process integration. The advantages that SharePoint 2010 brings to an organization are endless but the key point is that it delivers valuable techniques which advance team members’ interaction and collaboration and decrease the employee turnover rate.
Cegitel offers SharePoint 2010 development and its applications implementations courses. Most importantly, the emphasis we put on the practice will allow the students to experience the firsthand benefits of this web application platform and feel confident working with SharePoint 2010.
Administering SharePoint 2010
- Learn how to plan, install, administer and secure SharePoint Server 2010
- Build efficient Web application and site collection hierarchies
- Configure service applications for search indexing, profile import and metadata
- Establish claims-based authentication to control access
- Maintain server health through monitoring
- Protect data with an effective backup and recovery strategy
This course is for anyone responsible for administering a SharePoint 2010 environment.
Introduction to SharePoint 2010 Development
- Advanced knowledge of and/or experience with Windows environment and servers
- Overview of SharePoint 2010 Development
- Use of API to connect to SharePoint server
- Navigate SharePoint 2010 including administration and the new PowerShell interface
- Use the new SharePoint 2010 tools effectively and extend them
- Create custom applications and content pages
- Create custom Web Parts and connect two or more Web Parts together
- Create simple applications using the SharePoint development tools in Visual Studio 2010
- Use .NET, Silverlight and ASP.NET AJAX in SharePoint projects
- Create custom workflows for SharePoint 2010 using SharePoint Designer 2010 and Visual Studio 2010
This course is for developers who seek to learn how to build customized SharePoint 2010 solutions using Visual Studio 2010. The code samples used during the course are written in C#.
Advanced SharePoint 2010 Development
- Good knowledge and/or experience with Visual Studio 2010, Microsoft .NET Framework, and ASP.NET
- Build application pages and site pages
- Develop and deploy reusable Web parts to enable customization and personalization
- Exploit Windows SharePoint APIs to deploy Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX components
- Use XML and Collaborative Application Markup Language (CALM) to create provisioning components
- Design and implement custom document libraries
- Use Windows Workflow Foundation to create applications that automate business process
- Create Site Definitions to aggregate and package component for deployment
- Implement Code Access Security, Trust Levels, authentication, and authorization
SharePoint 2010 Branding
- Introduction to SharePoint 2010 Development
- Experience in SharePoint 2010 Development
- Proficiency in .NET development, C#, ASP.NET, WPF
- Learn strategies for migrating to SharePoint 2010 from an earlier version
- Plan for branding
- Navigate in SharePoint Server 2010
- Understand the role of CSS in SharePoint branding
- Master pages, page layouts, and custom content for custom pages
- Use Client Object Model and jQuery for SharePoint 2010 Branding
- Master XML, Data View, and Content Query Web Parts
This course is intended for Web designers and developers who need to learn SharePoint-specific techniques to create public-facing Internet sites with a cutting-edge design in a SharePoint 2010 environment.
Introduction to SharePoint 2010 for Users
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Experience in working with SharePoint team sites and publishing portals
- Create Sites Lists, Pages, Web Parts, Themes, and InfoPath Forms
- Collaborate within a team using SharePoint 2010
- Manage individual items in a library and become proficient with item check out, version control, and the approval processes
- Publish a finished document from its workspace to a SharePoint site
- Post to a blog and add pages to a wiki
- Customize SharePoint to best benefit individual work and productivity styles
- Connect Web Parts on a Web Part Page to enhance interactivity as well as target a Web Part to a particular audience
- Define views and expose lists and libraries in web parts
- Design a custom security plan
- Define term sets and keywords for searches as well as limit data exposure in Search results
This course is for content managers, site administrators, and system administrators.
- Experience using a Web browser and interacting with Web-based systems
Experience with a new technology helps programmers master it. Cegitel instructors truly believe that it is only by working on a real project that students can learn a new technology and identify their knowledge deficiency. In class, students will develop SharePoint 2010 applications and have all their questions answered by a senior level developer. Do you want to work with the latest technology? If so, the Cegitel Training program should be the first of many steps you will need to take.
For more information and course registration, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maximum 12 students are admissible per course.
Minimum 4 students must be registered for course to be taught.
The fees are 100% refundable upon one week cancelation notice and 50% refundable upon 72 hours cancelation notice prior to the course start-date. No refund in any other case, unless the cancelation circumstances are out of attendees’ control.